Area Wide Protective has been the leading provider and innovator of traffic control solutions since our inception in 1993. Our main goal is to improve processes by continually establishing best practices for productivity and cost effectiveness. Driving added value to our customers through the talented execution of our employees and the pursuit to provide extraordinary service to our customers is what has built our company and its national reputation for integrity.
As we continue to rapidly grow, we are committed to identifying and hiring the best employees. Being safe and protecting the lives of our customers, co-workers, and the motoring public is our first, last and only job.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced CAD Technician I for our Corporate Office in Kent, OH. This position will be a member of the Engineering Department performing drafting activities. They will be assigned particular projects designing temporary traffic control plans. This includes analyzing traffic flow and volume, reviewing appropriate standards and specifications, and preparing cost estimates. The incumbent will be required to utilize mathematical calculations and computer aided design to perform their work; will participate in scoping of projects; and will provide day-to-day work direction to field offices on their assigned projects.
• Learns and follows company and client drafting standards and procedures.
• Reviews reports, maps, drawings, studies, and aerial photographs, and traffic engineering requirements to research, plan, and design project.
• Review applicable municipal, state and federal codes to ensure necessary compliance.
• Revises existing drawings and prepares drawings from explicit verbal or written instructions or detailed sketches.
• Uses computer assisted design software to prepare engineering and design documents for permitting and other uses.
• As directed, communicates with clients, local agencies, peers, and other project team members to address plan changes and problems and to provide project status reports to involved parties.
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings and called ad-hoc meetings.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
• Associates Degree in Drafting/CAD or Engineering Technology or equivalent experience with
• 1+ years of CAD Technician work experience in Civil Engineering
• Civil engineering & mathematical principles and practices;
• Excellent problem-solving skills and creative flair;
• Highway construction and utility maintenance methods is desired;
• Traffic data collection and studies is desired.
• Meet fixed deadlines and balance multiple projects;
• Read, interpret, and evaluate engineering plans, and specifications for acceptable engineering practices;
• Organize, analyze, calculate, and evaluate available information and draw upon reasonable conclusions;
• Communicate information clearly and concisely;
• Effectively plan, organize and prioritize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines;
• Work in a team environment and develop positive working relationships.
AWP, Inc. is proud of its employees and appreciates the hard work, loyalty, and commitment they provide every day, which is why we offer the following:
• Competitive wages; commensurate with experience
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD/STD coverage available for full-time employees
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Advancement opportunities
We conduct pre-employment testing and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.