Based in Northeast Ohio, Area Wide Protective (AWP) is a rapidly growing national safety services provider. AWP is America's Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility -- electric, gas, and telecommunications.
Area Wide Protective has been the leading provider and innovator of traffic control solutions since our inception in 1993. Our main goal is to improve processes by continually establishing best practices for productivity and cost effectiveness. Driving added value to our customers through the talented execution of our employees and the pursuit to provide extraordinary service to our customers is what has built our company and its national reputation for integrity.
As we continue to rapidly grow, we are committed to identifying and hiring the best employees. Being safe and protecting the lives of our customers, co-workers, and the motoring public is our first, last and only job.
• Complete multiple job site inspections per day/week utilizing inspection checklist
• Ensures safety compliance by overseeing OSHA , DOT and other compliance-related activities as it relates to the office
• Protects the company's employees, customers and assets against losses, injuries and accidents through enforcement of safe work practices
• Prevents accidents and other safety exposures by investigating, identifying causes and developing preventative measures and practices
• Become a Subject matter Expert in Work Zone Setup and Design and Professional Flagging responsibilities
• Obtain ATTSA Certification
• Give positive reinforcement to employees of correct or outstanding behaviors and performance as well as immediate correction of unsafe practices/procedures
• Coach employees in Traffic Control standards and company policies to ensure safe, compliant work zones
• Facilitate monthly meetings within your team, provide incentive and recognize good work by team members
• Coordinate all projects and track all location assets
• Develop relationships with existing customers while on the job site conducting inspections
• Provide and cover needed breaks to team members while visiting a job site
• Resolve any customer service issues quickly and efficiently to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction
• Prior experience preferred in Temporary Traffic Control Services or Utility or Construction Industry
• 2+ years management experience or 4-year degree in business related field
• Strong leadership, communication and coaching skills
• Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products, and customer relationship management systems
AWP, Inc. is proud of its employees and appreciates the hard work, loyalty, and commitment they provide every day, which is why we offer the following:
• Competitive wages; commensurate with experience
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD/STD coverage available for full-time employees
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Advancement opportunities
We conduct pre-employment testing and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.