Based in Northeast Ohio, Area Wide Protective (AWP) is a rapidly growing national safety services provider. AWP is America's Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility -- electric, gas, and telecommunications.
Area Wide Protective has been the leading provider and innovator of traffic control solutions since our inception in 1993. Our main goal is to improve processes by continually establishing best practices for productivity and cost effectiveness. Driving added value to our customers through the talented execution of our employees and the pursuit to provide extraordinary service to our customers is what has built our company and its national reputation for integrity.
As we continue to rapidly grow, we are committed to identifying and hiring the best employees. Being safe and protecting the lives of our customers, co-workers, and the motoring public is our first, last and only job.
• Manage a staff of 30 or more employees
• Ensures safety compliance by overseeing OSHA , DOT and other compliance-related activities as it relates to the office
• Protects the company's employees, customers and assets against losses, injuries and accidents through enforcement of safe work practices
• Prevents accidents and other safety exposures by investigating, identifying causes and developing preventative measures and practices
• Become a Subject matter Expert in Work Zone Setup and Design and Professional Flagging responsibilities
• Obtain ATTSA Certification
• Interview and hire qualified internal and external candidates for job vacancies
• Coach employees in Traffic Control standards and company policies to ensure safe, compliant work zones
• Facilitate monthly safety and committee meetings
• Manage day to day employee issues including payroll, timekeeping, benefits, time off requests, customer issues and training requirements
• Perform work inspections and regulatory audits
• Develop close relationships with existing customers
• Follow up with customers to ensure needs are being met through the services that are being provided
• Resolve any customer service issues quickly and efficiently to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction
• Solidify AWP's presence in the service area and identify potential opportunities for growth
• Prior experience preferred in Temporary Traffic Control Services or Utility or Construction Industry
• 3-5 years management experience or 4-year degree in business related field
• Strong leadership, communication and coaching skills
• Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products, and customer relationship management systems
AWP, Inc. is proud of its employees and appreciates the hard work, loyalty, and commitment they provide every day, which is why we offer the following:
• Competitive wages; commensurate with experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD/STD
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Bonus structure
• Company vehicle
• Advancement opportunities
We conduct pre-employment testing and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.